When is "banter" actually bullying?
Friendly banter is fun right? But what happens when it crosses that line and is bullying in disguise?
- 1. Think before you speak - Would it be funny if someone said the same things to you?
- 2. Don't pick on someone's insecurities. That’s a low blow!
- 3. Be aware whether someone is clearly not enjoying the 'banter'. If they’re not. STOP.
- 4. Don't laugh along if you’re not finding it funny.
- 5. Saying something is 'just banter' doesn’t mean it is. There’s a line. Don’t cross it.